Tuesday, May 13, 2014

On doing it all, or not.

20140228-IMG_9393

How do you do it all’, I feel guilty sometimes when I get this comment as if I have some secret tips for that! When you follow a blog or updates on social media, you see pieces of their lives like their homes, their meals, the stuff they do with their children, ETC and it seems like they naturally manage all of it. But is there really any such thing? As doing it all? We all have the same hours in our days and investing our time and attention on some things means that some other things will get left out. That is how it is. For me it means that I let go of stuff like for example laundry that gets done once a week or sometimes even in two weeks, a house that desperately needs some detailed organizing and cleaning on most days, meals that could use better planning. Of course I could use trying better in those areas but I also I would rather use that time on other things that inspire me.

I believe that we all have our strengths and passions as moms and wives. Parts of our role that we’re really good at. But that means we might focus less of our attention on the things we don’t feel as passionate about. And that is perfectly fine. Because there is no such thing as a mom that does it all. Some of us love cooking but focus less on decorating our houses. Some take pride in keeping our houses absolutely clean but don't mind giving our kids prepared meals.That’s normal and instead of putting ourselves down on all that we aren't good at, or comparing ourselves to those around us that are 'better', we should remember our strengths.

I also believe that it is important to make time out for things you’re passionate about. Being too busy is not an excuse. Love yourself enough to live a passionate and inspired life, that comes with making time for what matters to you. I truly believe I wouldn’t be able to be a good mom if I didn't make time for my interests.

Think about it, take pride in the things you’re good at, and give yourself grace for the others. Get inspired but don’t compare. Be passionate and value yourself and your time. Do something just for yourself. Of course try to be better everyday, but know that you’re doing the best job you can. And I’ll say it again, there’s no such thing as doing it all:)

Thanks for reading and lots of love.

12 comments:

  1. This is one inspirational post. I hardly see such inspired moms these days. Keep blogging and sharing your inspirations because you are really good at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Rida. Luckily I know many moms around me that inspire me in one way or another so I try to pass it on:) Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. thanks for keeping us inspired!. and do update on your photography page too. Miss you there

    Mominah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you guys for all the love and support. Xoxo

      Delete
  3. Love it , so inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you "do it all" because you don't share what you don't do, you share what your baby is wearing the stuff you want to share, you never share what she's wearing when you don't want that stuff to share with all, ("you" refers to we all), that's how we inspire people :) its all about expressing, and you know how to give words to your expressions, and that's how you "do it all" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, not sure if that's a compliment or not, but thanks for reading and for leaving this comment. :)

      Delete
  5. .keep inspiring us you pretty mom. stay blessed.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. keep writing sweetheart ^^ we love to read your posts. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow... u r so right! I never thought of it that way. no one 'has it all' or 'does it all'. As moms we are the hardest on ourselves. Loving oneself is an art!
    ~ a mom from karachi

    www.whilethebabynaps.com

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you!