Monday, April 22, 2013

One full year and a recap

It has been one full year since I returned to blogging and I’m so thankful for the connections made through this space and for all of you who take the time to read this space. I hope you will continue to stop by. Since most of you started following at different parts during this journey, I thought I'd do a little recap of some favorites posts from the year, incase you missed some of these.

20130408-10

Celebrations

Last March I returned to blogging with this post, celebrated our baby girl’s 1st birthday with a little celebration.

I talked about making everyday a celebration.

I shared some Ramadan memories from back home, our celebration for Eid-ul-Fitr, and EID UL AZHA.

Did a Celebrating Eid guest series and had some beautiful moms share their thoughts here, here and here

I blogged about celebrating the holidays when you don’t officially celebrate them.

I decorated for Valentines and shared that here

I shared ideas on celebrating special occasions the long distance way.

I shared Anya’s 2nd birthday celebrations.

And just last week I shared my thoughts on turning the big 30 :)

Ramblings/Thoughts

I shared my inspirations behind BLOGGING

I started sharing some bits and pieces from letters I write to my baby

I talked about this imperfectly perfect life and how blogging can seem to show a ‘perfect’ life.

I shared some memories of my father, and ramblings on being our parents legacy.

I shared some New Year wishes.

Last year, I finally shared the story of how we lost our father.

DIYs

Shared some DIY ideas I tried like this bird mobile in Anya’s baby room, this wall hanging for a little friend, these onesies i decorated for Anya, this wreath, a simple art idea, chalkboard for the kitchen and these bauble necklaces I made for my sisters.  

My sister Waliya shared a couple of DIY ideas, including this journal, and this art for her room.

Mommyhood

Shared some must reads for moms.

Shared our favorite toddler books.  

Shared some toddler activities I tried with Anya like this sensory activity, this homemade pull toy, outdoor sensory tub , homemade paints and some others.

Started a new series to share some Mom-Kiddies style and just started featuring some beautiful mommies and their babies, starting with Sobia and Sabina, and Syda and Ammad.

Home/Décor

I shared tips on loving our homes.

I shared Anya’s nursery and glimpses from her new room (Still haven’t blogged her full room )

Shared a couple of house/room tours like Waliya’s inspiring bedroom, Nyel’s colorful room and glimpses from a few other houses. Am so excited to share many more.

I shared a glimpse of our messy house but one that is a reminder that baby lives here.

Photography

I blogged about Across the miles, a photo project I started with my sister.

Shared one from some of lovely people I took pictures of last year. (Note to self: Share more this year)

Pakistan

This year I took a trip back home to visit my family. I blogged about being with loved ones, the bookshops of Islamabad, shared some Anya-khala style.

On returning I shared random memories from our trip, from Islamabad and then Bahawalpur.

Inspirations

I started sharing inspirations from the online world in this series.

20130408-2

Thanks so much for reading. I’ll be back soon with some exciting posts. Xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. I simply love your blog ,you are full of inspiration Mashallah and .yess!!i am waiting for anya's full room post.stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you!