Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Inspiring me lately

20130330-IMG_1519

Haven’t done these posts in a while and there is so much to catch up on. I have a love-hate relationship with the online world these days. I love the inspirations found all over, and how I am always motivated to do better. On the other hand, it is so easy to lose yourself in it and can be a huge time waster. All about balance in the end, which is somehow so hard to achieve.Sigh.

But anyways, more on what I love about this world, here are some recent inspirations from all over. Enjoy :)

Homes and Living

This post on AT about latest kitchen trends. In love with all the white! Somehow, I have never been a fan of the dark cabinets trend and I am just dying to, if nothing else, just paint our kitchen cabinets RIGHT NOW :p

Dark teal and Mint accent walls.

This article on why sometimes buying a house is not the most important next step for you and your family.

Style

via here.

PHOTOGRAPHY

This beautiful lifestyle family session.

This 30th birthday session.

This beautiful vintage inspired session.

Baby-ness

These darling outfits. Cant wait for spring and some warmer weather.

Mini street style.

You are my wild, a beautiful series by a bunch of bloggers.

Family

This beautiful article on family life with Islam in mind. 

This beautiful new series on one of my favorite family blogs and their first post on sharing your story with your kids.

Parenthood

This letter from a dad to his son. Loved where he said: 'So I want to take the opportunity to tell you this: if things get shitty in the future it won’t matter in the long run. If you roll your eyes at me and I shout at you, if we end up screaming terrible things at each other…. None of that matters. You’re my boy. You are my favorite thing in the world. You are the one and only thing that always makes me happy. You are going to grow up and break my heart and do things that disappoint me. And it’s okay.'

And another Kelle Hampton favorite, this post about turning every day into a celebration. Love this part: 'A lunch becomes a picnic when you add a blanket. A nail painting session becomes a spa night when you throw some cucumber slices in the mix. Dinner becomes a dinner party when everyone wears a hat. Cooking becomes a "cooking show" when you describe every step while you stir (and do it in a British accent!). A living room dance becomes a Carnegie Hall performance when you shine a flashlight on the dancer.'

This AT post on letting our little ones help in house chores even if they cant be ‘perfect’

Guest post on Kelle’s blog on building mom connections. Loved this.

Pakistan

This movie. We went to the official screening in Seattle and met the director a day earlier too (She’s also the producer and writer, all in one) and were so inspired to say the least. Amazing to see what a bunch of creative professionals can come up with on a very limited budget. This makes me excited about Pakistani cinema all over again.

Heartening to see this story. Despite all the ugliness going on, there are stories of hope.

Blogging

On support and the blogging community.

On blogging and one blogger's journey to take it slower.

20130330-IMG_1542

Hope these leave you inspired:)

Thanks for stopping by!

 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, this blog is full of inspiration.oh you are my wild series m totally in love with it... You look soo pretty mashallah and love ur pink blazer. Tc xxx

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you!