Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The little city and its bookshops

Last weekend I posted about how I hope Anya will continue to love books like she does right now. And here is another books related post.

One of the first things I loved about Islamabad when we moved there about 17 years or so ago, was the many bookshops that filled the city. In what used to be a small city, there was an old bookshop at every corner. These shops are still there and each one of them is so full of books that there is almost no room to walk. And the smell of these shops, is probably my favorite thing in the world!

On this trip we were so excited when we saw this shop that had the sweetest collection of old children’s books. And so lucky because my sister was with us and she took these beautiful pictures.

Thanks so much baby sister for taking these! I love them and just had to share.

DSC_0863edit

Lady and the Tramp has been a major part of our childhood and I was so excited to find this one. It has since then found a home in Anya’s room and she loves reading it!

DSC_0875edit

DSC_0883edit

Thanks so much for stopping by!

DSC_0870edit

All pictures taken by my sister Waliya Najib.

FYI: Everyone probably knows this but just incase, Islamabad is the capital of Pakistan.
 

11 comments:

  1. Awww Anya looks so cute in the last pic , i love reading your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Zara. I hope you keep stopping by:) Love!

      Delete
  2. reminds me of hours and hours I've spent in these old bookshops of Islamabad <3 Beautiful memories ... beautiful pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only one from Islamabad knows the magic of these bookshops! I kind of love them too!! Thanks girl!

      Delete
  3. I love to read it because anya baby loves books! <3 :)
    I love the last picture.She look's TOO CUTE. <3 :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey. There is definitely magic in books:)

      Delete
    2. You're always welcome! Yeah! No doubt. xoxoxo!

      Delete
  4. Books can be a very affectionate friend of anyone! You just have to give it a look :) Love the photos and I am sure anya would love reading these posts more than those books! That lil one doesn't even know what you do when staring at your laptop and she takes side by you hehe :) Loads and Lorries of love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thats amazing. Another book lover in making. Anyaa looks soo cute ma sha Allah. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you!